Trial Jeep

You may also like...

62 Responses

1. Nico71 says:

Sorry I have not instructions like that. Regards.

2. Will clark says:

Hi nico,
    I am trying to make an 8×8 trial truck with drive, steering (only front four wheels to steer), winch (front and back) and full suspensions.
    I was wondering if you could send me some instructions for one, if you could that would be great,
    Thanks,
    Will

3. nicolasdarkdark says:

c’est vrai qu’il est cool ton jeep

4. gabry says:

Very nice! I think you could make a larger body to make it prettier, but it looks good as this too… I don’t love this suspension system because the universal joints are under high torque, but I like the weight distribution that gives to the model a great balance.

5. Frederic says:

Super ton Jeep! Je viens juste de le terminer. Il roule à merveille! Merci pour les instructions!

Fred

6. Razvy says:

It is a great model, i built it too (the chassis) and my jeep works very very good! Is very cool your jeep, Nico!
    this is my version: http://www.flickr.com/photos/razvy_cluj_ro/sets/72157629426880458/

7. Blackdino says:

Hello!
    I 12 years old children and i building this moc with an other colers and i just add acessories go to my website and search Blacldino’s rc Trial Jeep Wilis

8. Nico71 says:

I think you could. Regards.

9. jerkerhead says:

hi nico i have successfully finished your jeep without the lift arms and it is very cool but i am making a new website and i’m wondering if i can put my version of your designs under your name on the site thanks.

10. jerkerhead says:

hi nico
    i am currently half way through building this jeep and and really enjoyed it however it has a huge challenge for me so far because i have had to redo a lot of it my own way because i only have the 8110 suspension and no lift arms but it is going well thanks

11. admin says:

Thanks Peter ! I am preparing the building instruction for the unimog V4, maybe you should be interested in ;). Regards

12. Mehley says:

Hi Nico,

Finally I got the 5×7 liftarms, so the first thing to do with them was to build this jeep 🙂

I enjoyed building the truck, you made a good instruction for it. It’s like in the old times of Lego by putting a lot of building steps on the same page, but on the other hand the result is much more then in official Lego creations 🙂

The truck has an excellent design and frame! It looks great and has a good weight distribution! Modular building is the right way of making models.

Thank you so much for sharing with us this awesome jeep!

Keep up the good work

Take care
    Peter

13. Luis says:

hi nico, I love this design, but why you uses everywhere
    the big motor of PF 😛 (i dont have it yet)
    magnific work follow on in 🙂 (my child loves your web)

14. Clément says:

Yop Nico,
    Content de voir que tu as continué à faire des créations de plus en plus aboutie.
    Celui ci est vraiment impressionnant.
    Je pensais le faire, mais je me rends compte qu’il me manque une paire de pièce…
    J’avais acheté le #8258 il y a quelques temps, histoire de remettre le pied à l’étrier.
    Et pis la je viens de craquer pour le #8043.
    Si t’as le temps, tu pourrais me dire ce qu’il faut comme set pour completer les pièces manquantes.
    J’ai pas mal perdu niveau vocabulaire, donc pour un bon gros newbie, quels sets pourrait réunir les suspensions, et les suspensions ?
    Bonne continuation, j’espère qu’on se croisera à l’occasion. Moi je suis toujours sur Belfort, si tu passes, appelle, histoire de discuter un peu

Tchuss
    Clément

15. David says:

How is it 5-link isnt it just linked?

16. admin says:

Hello, the links are 6-stud long. The main link (suspension wishbone) is 6.5-stud long but you can also use a 6-stud long. Thanks for you comment.

17. Cars2cool says:

Nicolas,
    I am thinking of building this model for my own pleasure but then stumbled upon a question for you. How long are the links? 5 stud or 6 stud length? Great model by the way. Keep up the amazing work!

18. Crekc says:

I like this really

19. Technik Freak says:

je pense que c´est une rravaille très bon 🙂

20. admin says:

Oh that’s cool, are you satisfied by the clibbing abilities and the building ?

21. Matt says:

Thanks Nico for taking the time to create instructions. I just finished building it. It’s a very nice and tight build, with excellent playability. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing it with everybody.

22. admin says:

Hello, I am glad that you like. I will provide soon the .ldr fille and the html. file for part list.

23. jdm says:

Hallo Nico,

Great creation and great building instructions.
    Would it be possible to mail or to publish a xls or xlm file with the parts list. That easy for upload in bricklink

Jdm

24. nate says:

thank you so much for the instructions!! , i’ve already made this nd taken the fake motor out of the front and put a winch on it 😛 .. AWESOME truck!

25. Mehley says:

Thanks for the instruction Nico! I will try to build it without the open center liftarms.

It’s like in the old times: a lot of building steps on the same side. This is what a Technic fan needs!!! 🙂 If Lego would have released this instruction, it would be around 100 pages instead of 40 :))

26. admin says:

La maison mère m’a quelque peu remarqué, pour les briques, je ne serais pas ou les stocker ^^. Ce qui est sur c’est que je suis bien récompenser par mon succès lego, tu as du voir les pubs sur youtube et le compte pro, tout ceci me permet de monétiser mon travail. Sinon, l’amélioration continu des technologies est importante et surtout dépendante des nouvelles pièces. La Jeep n’aurait pas pu être fait il y a 4 ans. Pour comparer, mon premier unimog avait 1500pièces et pas de pont portique et des capacités limités de franchissement, aujourd’hui avec 1000 pièce, la Jeep a des ponts portiques, des suspensions libres, un design plus évocateur pour un poids plus petit ! Je suis content que tu apprécies mes créations. Si tu le souhaites, tu peux t’inscrire sur Setechnic.com pour parler sur le forum en francais avec d’autre fou de lego 🙂

27. Jean-Paul says:

Hi Nico,

My english is short…alors je continue en français !
    En tant que Moceur de l’ombre, je ne peux que te complimenter devant tes créations et la technologie que tu déploies. Un tel travail est un véritable tremplin pour la maison LEGO…j’en serais le directeur commercial, je t’octroyrais prime et briques gratuites…
    Lire tes publications est un plaisir de tous les instants.
    Please : N’arrête jamais !
    Jean-Paul.

28. hazza says:

hey man just wondering what wheels you are using on this model and how long roughly till you publish the instructions ?

29. admin says:

Hello, thank you. In fact I think that it is possible but you may lose all avantages of the frame 5×7 : rigidity, lighness and simplicity. I advice you to order 3 frames on bricklink or buy the #8258 because it is really nice and have an usefull bill of material. Regards.

30. Mehley says:

Hello Nico! I love your creations, and the fact that you publish instructions as well! 🙂 I plan to build this truck, however do you think the suspension can be made without using those special 5×7 open center liftarms?

31. admin says:

There is no instruction for the trial jeep. When there is, I mention it explicitly.

32. Jacob says:

Nico, thanks for the reply. I’m really confused. When I click on the building instructions link for the yellow Jeep, it brings me straight back to the same page, the page simply reloads and I’m in the same place. If I use ‘Save Linked File to Desktop’, I get one of those html aliases instead of the file. I’m on a Mac, would that be causing issues?

Sorry for the hassle.

33. admin says:

Hello Jacob. All links are good and active. To download or watch instructions :
    -if they is the PDF icon and a link : right click and save as (in fact you are curently downloading a high resolution PDF sized about 40mo)
    -if they is a link and ‘building instructions’ written : click and you will be redirected at brickshelf.com
    Concerning the PDF, the question is very widespread, when you click on a PDF, don’t expect to have immediately because this is often a high size PDF so It cannot appear immediately.
    Regards

34. Jacob says:

Love your creations.

But I can’t seem to download ANY instructions from your site. The links are either inactive or they just hang.

I assume you’re aware of this?

-J

35. admin says:

Yes but, a gearbox is quite useless on RC truck, because we are not allow to touch the truck while a race.

36. bob says:

can you make your next truck with a gearbox?

37. admin says:

Hello, I assume in two weeks. Regards

38. nathan says:

hey mate just wondering if you know when the instructions will be complete??

39. admin says:

Thank you. It is placed on the right near the rear suspension. You can see it on this picture.

40. mik2mik says:

great!
    where’s M-motor hides?

41. bob says:

You can make your next truck with a gearbox?

42. bob says:

i would buy it for 80 euros. it’s a cool model 🙂

43. admin says:

Merci Vincent, je t’ai répondu par mail pour avoir plus d’informations. Nicolas

44. vincent says:

tu devrais mettre un icône ‘paypal donation’..

afin que les personnes qui ont envie de faire un petit don pour tes ‘building instructions ‘ puissent le faire…

:o)

45. Desert Wolf says:

46. admin says:

The shop is not working at the moment and might not be launch in the future. I will post explication on eurobrick to explain why. In any case, I didn’t sell model but instructions.

47. admin says:

Hello, I am working on it, it will be released soon. Regards

48. mool says:

You said there were building instructions

if you are still working on them than sorry for the question

49. Desert Wolf says:

Great model, especially like the suspension.

are you thinking about selling models on your shop?. if you are, I would buy this for a 100 euros.

1. 22/08/2011

[…] Double wishbone chassis : build around the battery box, which enables to have not lot of parts and a lower center of gravity, based on Jeep’s frame […]