10,00 € -Excl. Tax
A LEGO Technic small mechanical loom which weaves a fabric using 6 reels, powered by a single motor and using a timing drum to sequence the weaving pattern.
A smaller version of the big loom I have made in 2012, using simplified mechanism and timing drum to sequence the different actions.
- Flying shuttle mechanical loom model
- Powered by a Single motor or manual crank
- Articulated beam to push the flying shuttle on each side
- Rotating heddle frame to create the up/down movement
- Mechanism to press the weaving pattern
- Roller to pull the weaving pattern
- Mechanically programmed using a timing drum
- 6 reels
- Weaving speed of 2-3cm/min
You can read the full review of this model on my blog.
How to build ?
If you have already the parts : you can purchase the PDF instructions only on this page and build it with your LEGO parts. The instruction contains the partlist at the end, and you can check individually on Rebrickable, or in the instructions previews below.
If you do not have the parts, you can purchase the complete kit from two different retailers :
- Using Genuine LEGO Parts : This model is available on Mochub in a complete package including genuine LEGO parts plus the PDF instructions.
- Using non-Genuine LEGO Parts : This model is available on LesDiy Store in a complete package, including the parts (alternative bricks from China) and the PDF Instructions.
Please note that you can use any rubber band you want, as they are 2x2L lenght (arround Ø16-20mm) in rubber. You can also use any power functions motors you want, the loom has been tested with M, L and XL motor.
About this product
Setting the machine
Please follow carefully this video :
Then, note the building is composed of many moving axle and gears. Please pay attention to not stress the gearing, axles and bushes, and bracing correctly each, in order to have free rotation on every axle to avoid problem of functioning. I highly recommend to use new parts, especially on the axle and liftarm and connector (or a silicone oil if you parts are too damage).
|Bill Of Material|
PDF Instructions (About 98 pages / 73mo)