10,00 € -Excl. Tax
A 5-reel LEGO Technic braiding machine, powered by a single motor or a manual crank, which braids raw material into a final fabric (cord, wristband etc.). Available in two versions : standard made in 2016 which needs a M motor and a rechargeable Li-Po battery, and an enhanced version (2022) which needs L motor and standard battery.
- Dimensions : 23cm (L) x 21 cm (W) x 30cm (H)
- Powered by a motor or a manual crank
- 2 fixed reels, 3 moving reels (anti rotation by rubber band)
- Synchronized drive made with chain links
- Adjustable speed (on the battery box on the standard version, with gearing on enhanced edition)
- DMC thread used in the video but you can use every other material (wool, embroidery) and make tests
You can read the full review of this model on my blog.
How to build ?
If you have already the parts : you can purchase the PDF instructions only on this page and build it with your LEGO parts. The instruction contains the partlist at the end, and you can check individually in the instructions previews below.
If you do not have the parts, you can purchase the complete kit from two different retailers :
- Using Genuine LEGO Parts : This model is available on Buildamoc in a complete package (enhanced edition) including genuine LEGO parts plus the PDF instructions.
- Using non-Genuine LEGO Parts : This model is available on LesDiy Store in a complete package (enhance edition), including the parts (alternative bricks from China) and the PDF Instructions.
The “standard” version use a M motor and a rechargeable Li-Po Battery which are expensive now. That is why I have reworked the model and the instructions in 2022 and made the following changes for the “enhanced version” :
- L motor instead of M and regular battery box (constant speed)
- More gearing options to modify the speed (slower of faster)
- Cosmetic change to fit the more common parts and simplify the build (less needed parts)
- Completely new instructions with 2022 quality standard (see below previews)
Both version can be purchased on this page depending your parts. Each instruction contains the partlist at the end, but you can check individually on Rebrickable :
Do not mix the chain link ref 3711a and the 14696 (reinforced one). Use preferably the 3711a version but if you use the 14696, do not mix with other chain links. Go to the blogpost for tips about setting up the machine.
About this product
Standard version (2016) :
751 or 759
|Bill Of Material||
See rebrickable links in the description
PDF Instructions (About 100 pages / 30mo)